Escape the Ordinary, our summer reading program for adults, is here! Adults 18 and up can participate at the library or online through Scout, earn rewards, and have the chance to win prizes just for reading.
How It Works
Here’s how to play online:
- Complete the Read 5, 10 and 15 Hours badges on Scout. After you earn each badge, let staff at your local library know and they’ll give you your reward.
- The Read 15 Hours badge is your FIRST entry to win the Escape the Ordinary grand prize. If you want more chances to win, keep reading and complete a new badge every time you finish reading 15 more hours.
- EVERY Summer Reading badge completed is also an entry to win a $20 Fred Meyer gift card. Three gift cards will be awarded at the program’s end.
Rewards and Prizes
- Read 5 Hours: PCLS Stylus pen
- Read 10 Hours: Coupon good for $5.00 off your fines, to be used by 12/31/15.
- Read 15 Hours: Coupon good for one item from the Friends of the Library book sale (value of item up to $2.00), to be used by 10/1/15.
- Grand prize (one entry for every 15 hours read):
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1”
- Kindle Fire (x2)
- End-of-Summer raffles (every Summer Reading badge earned is an entry): $20 Fred Meyer gift card
Don’t forget that your local library may also be offering special programs for adults this summer! Pick up a program brochure next time you’re there or check out the calendar online.
If you’re looking for something good to read, library staff has you covered: we came up with ten fun booklists just for summer – there’s something on here for every reader.